The Not-So-Naughty Nice Cream
Updated: Jul 31, 2020
If you have not already used all of your overly ripe bananas for quarantine banana bread, make sure you save some to make my “Nice” Cream recipe!
I came up with this recipe on a stormy night a few weeks ago, when my daughter and I were hungry for some ice cream. I had seen other recipes for nice cream before but we did not have all of the ingredients so I used what I had on hand. It turned out to be a delicious treat that not only cured our ice cream cravings, but also left us feeling satisfied without the negative effects often brought on by processed ice cream.
This recipe is plant-based, gluten-free and has no added sugar. It is also loaded with healthy protein to keep you and your loved ones sustained well after eating. I hope you enjoy!
· ½ 13.5 oz can unsweetened coconut milk (I use Sprouts brand, but, any brand will do. Try to find a BPA free can if possible)
· 3-4 medium sized overly-ripe frozen bananas
· 1 Tablespoon of Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
· 1 Tablespoon of Raw Peanut Butter
· ¼ cup unsweetened dried coconut
· ¼ cup chopped walnuts
· ¼ cup chocolate chips (I love Lily’s Brand)
Blend all ingredients until they become a smooth, creamy consistency. Pour mixture into a BPA free and freezer safe container. Sprinkle with coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips. Let freeze for about 1 hour.
1. You may have to let the Nice Cream sit out for 15 minutes or so to thaw before serving.
2. I keep a container of sliced bananas in my freezer as they get ripe so they are ready to go when I’m craving Nice Cream.